As a result, Thailand needs development in terms of academics, creativity, innovations, science, technology and research and development for further improvement of target technology and industry groups. This leads to the establishment of Digital Entrepreneurship which emphasizes applying digital technology to business operations in order to create products and services that integrate innovative creation and business operations and encourage small and medium enterprises to drive the country’s economic system.
Digital Economy Promotion Agency (depa) realizes the importance of creating more understanding of digital businesses among new generations and the general public and for potential support and enhancement to prepare and create competent personnel for the industry and also Digital Entrepreneurship following the government’s economic development policy. This will help encourage the growth of Thai entrepreneurs and success in the business. depa’s digital entrepreneur promoting measures are as follows:
1. To encourage SMEs and OTOP entrepreneurs to apply CMS (Channel Management System) platform. The platform is developed by depa to support SMEs and OTOP entrepreneurs as well as community enterprises to understand enhancing selling potential and expand online trading channels. It also enables entrepreneurs to distribute their products to the E-Market Place in only one click and manage product information more easily via Channel Management System (CMS).
2. Entrepreneur promoting measure for registration of intellectual property rights depa has raised more awareness and understanding in intellectual property among the general public, entrepreneurs and industrial clusters. It has cooperated with the Department of Intellectual Property to organize training programs and seminars to provide knowledge and understanding in relevant intellectual property laws and converting intellectual property into intellectual capital. This is important to the country’s development for Thailand 4.0 era.
3. Entrepreneur promoting measure for access to finance depa has joined hands with Thai Credit Guarantee Corporation (TCG) to approve the entrepreneur credit guarantee program with a total credit line of 10,000 million baht to hep Digital Startups and innovation and technology entrepreneurs. depa has also sought cooperation with public and private financial institutions to encourage innovation and technology entrepreneurs to access finance with low interest rates.
4. Registration of software and digital content entrepreneurs is another significant measure to support and develop entrepreneurs, and also helps confirm identity and create reliability. depa can also update entrepreneur information to magnify outcome, analyze and seek promotion measures for entrepreneurs in the future.
5. Digital startup promotion via creation of digital product and service developers The measure is aimed at promoting knowledge and experience sharing; business cooperation between technology developers, industrial entrepreneurs and local and foreign investors; and reform of traditional business operations to a digital-based system.
Digital Economy Promotion Agency will be a main organization that completely supports reform of the Thai economy to the Thailand 4.0 era. Digital entrepreneurs supported by depa are expected to be a major mechanism for transforming the middle-income country into “ASEAN’s digital economy hub” after all.